Who Else Wants To Learn How To Use The Top Secret Photography Techniques to Create Mind-Blowing Artistic Images?ad
How To Light charcoal without lighter fluid
Lighting charcoal briquettes without lighter fluid is easy with this homemade Charcoal Chimney
- A charcoal chimney (see How to Make a charcoal chimney or #Amazon's Related Products)
- a grill
- Oven mitts
Lighting the Charcoal
- Begin by filling your charcoal chimney to the top with charcoal
- Loosely wad a sheet of newspaper and place it under the chimney in the center of your grill
- CAREFULLY light the paper through the air holes (you may have to lift the chimney to get to the paper and light from underneath)
- You may have to do this more than once, I had to do it twice for this tutorial.
- Once the Charcoal begins to wait a while and it will flame on and ignite the rest of the coal in the chimney
- When the charcoal in the chimney is ashen white (see Fig.5 ) then put on your oven mitts, be EXTREMELY CAREFUL and dump the coals into your grill
- spread them evenly with your tongs
- Barbecue away!
Fire is dangerous, always be careful. Do not touch hot surfaces or flames or smoke or steam. I am not responsible in any way if you burn yourself.
When I did this the first wad of newspaper burned out without sufficiently lighting the charcoal. I had to carefully put a second wadding of paper underneath the chimney and re-light. After a few minutes everything lit beautifully.
- The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes
- How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques, A Barbecue Bible! Cookbook
- The BBQ Queens' Big Book of BBQ
Amazon's Related Products
- Weber 87886 Chimney Starter
- Weber 751001 Gold One-Touch 22-1/2-Inch Kettle Grill, Black
- Mr. Bar-B-Q 18-Piece Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- How to Make a charcoal chimney
- Chimney Starter Wikipedia Article