Clean a griddle
Various methods of How to Clean a Griddle
Grill Brick Method
A Grill Brick is a 8" x 4" x 3.5" block of foamed glass and stone product made by the 3M corporation.
- a Grill Brick
- griddle oil (vegetable oil)
- paper towels
- large oven mitts or rubberized grill mitts
- a dough cutter (sometimes called a scraper)
- safety glasses
Be extremely careful hot oil burns instantaneously, always wear eye protection and mitts when cleaning a griddle.
- Using the dough cutter, scrape all debris from the griddle surface.
- Spread enough oil on the griddle to thoroughly wet it.
- Place the Grill Brick on the griddle and using firm pressure scrape the entire surface of the griddle, until it is clean.
- Use the dough knife to scrape the black oily residue into the grease trap of the griddle
- Wipe the surface of the griddle with clean paper towels to completely remove all residue from the griddle.
- Use clean paper towels to apply a thin film of oil the surface of the griddle to maintain it's seasoning and shine.
- Kitchen Industry Technical Manuals, Volume 3, Kitchen Equipment and Materials
- Kitchen Essentials: The Complete Illustrated Reference to the Ingredients, Equipment, Terms, and Techniques Used By Le Cordon Bleu
- Griddle, Sizzle and Sear
Amazon's Related Products
- Avant Grub Grill Cleaning Brick. Cleans & Sanitizes Restaurant Flat Top Grills or Griddles.
- Dexter-Russell - Sani-Safe 19783 6" x 3" White Dough Cutter/Scraper with Polypropylene Handle
- JA Kitchens Grill Brick Holder and Two Grill Bricks - Cleans Griddles and Grills
- 3M Grill Brick info